I just finished listening to the Resto Roundtable hosted by the Team Waffle Podcast. It was very interesting to listen to different high profile Druids talk from different perspectives about our spec and what’s in store for us in Mists of Pandaria. One of the things that really interested me was everyone’s view on Healing Mushrooms.
Since my last post on the subject, we’ve gotten a little more information about the spell. In the MoP talents it currently works the same way the Balance version does, meaning you drop 3 mushrooms and “bloom” them for a burst AoE heal effect. The Bloom effect is currently on a 10 second cooldown, has a 6 yard radius, and affects all targets.
From the Resto Roundtable it seemed that the spell got an overall negative reaction from the panel:
- Dropping 3 shrooms is 3 GCDs with no healing going out. In healer-time that’s an eternity.
- Shrooms aren’t mobile, so you have to hope no one moves out of range.
- Having to target-drop 3 different times is a clunky and inconvenient way to heal.
These are very valid points.
Some suggestions on creating a better spell:
- Have us limited to 1 shroom that does the same amount of healing as the original 3- This reduces us to 1 GCD for the spell.
- Increase the radius of the heal- 6 yards is pitiful. Increase the yard range to 20 for the 1 shroom.
- Reward us for dropping it and having it on standby- Give the shroom an aura. Either a +heal aura or even something like Healing Stream Totem.
- Tie in Efflorescence- Have our shroom create our AoE ground heal. Unbinding Swiftmend from Efflorescence allows Blizz to give us a shorter CD on Swiftmend, increasing our single target HPS which we lack compared to other healers.