- Innervate now restores mana based on Spirit. It will restore at least 8% of your mana at all times. You’ll want at least 12,000 Spirit to get the same amount of mana from it as in 5.3.
- Wild Mushroom is now limited to 1 Mushroom. It is now cast on a player instead of using a targeting circle (there is the Glyph of Sprouting Mushroom which you can use to get the targeting circle back). Moving the mushroom no longer resets the stored healing. It now has a 3 sec CD.
- Genesis is a new spell learned at level 88. It speeds up applied Rejuvenation spells on players. This is a great spell to use when you have to top players off quickly. I wouldn’t recommend using it in a normal rotation, but instead as a tool to counter burst damage. Rejuv is still really powerful for constant ticking damage, so knowing when and when not to use Genesis will be really beneficial for you and your raid.
- Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid’s maximum health, and will no longer be consumed if the target is already at full health.
- Nature’s Swiftness is now baseline. We get a new talent called Ysera’s Gift. Grab it. It’s worth nearly a 5% output increase and requires no input from you.
- Dream of Cenarius has been redesigned. It now causes Wrath damage to heal a nearby target for 100% of the damage done (think Atonement).
- Heart of the Wild now increases healing done by 25% for the duration of the cooldown.
- Nature’s Vigil now increases healing by 12% and procs additionally healing off of single target healing spells (cleave heals). This is a huge buff to the talent and would be my #1 choice for 5.4.
- Soul of the Forest was buffed yet again to 100% Haste (I have no idea why).
- Glyph of Efflorescence replaced Glyph of Lifebloom (which was baked in baseline). Glyph of Efflorescence allows your Wild Mushroom to proc the Efflorescence effect and turns Swiftmend into a strong single target heal. This glyph will be mandatory for raiding Druids.
A few things to consider when going into 5.4:
- 13163 Haste is achievable in Normal gear next tier. The next Rejuv breakpoint (from my own experience) is considered to be an output increase over 3043 + Mastery stacking. I highly recommend going for it. There happens to be a trinket called Prismatic Prison of Pride that makes it a bit easier to obtain.
- My personal talent build next tier:
- Swapping between Soul of the Forest and Incarnation will still depend on the encounter, but I’m fairly sure Soul of the Forest will come ahead for most encounters.
- Nature’s Vigil is flat out better than Heart of the Wild if used on CD. The difference in output contribution is almost 50% in favor of NV.
- In 5.4 when you get your 4-piece (when utilizing Soul of the Forest) DO NOT THROTTLE WILD GROWTH. For heavy raid damage just continue to cast Wild Growth on cooldown. I’ve done some math and have determined that throttling WG for SM w/4pc is an output loss.
- In addition, I’ve updated my Gear Guide for 5.4.
If you have any questions feel free to comment here and I’ll do my best to answer them. Other than that, see you in 5.4!